Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Widget Results Problem

08-17-2011 07:04 AM
LauraGoughenour
Emerging Contributor
I am using the 2.4 version of the identify widget that Robert Scheitlin created. I have configured the identify.xml to identify the layers that I want it too. It works great for most of the layers except I cannot get it to identify 3 of them. For these 3 layers nothing pops up in the results window. It doesn't even seem like its recognizing they are there. I have them visible but it still provides no results. Anyone have any ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Laura,

There is not a lot info to go on here. What type of layers are they? Are they visible when you identify them? If you go to their rest service directory page for those layers is the identify operation listed as an available operation?
0 Kudos
LauraGoughenour
Emerging Contributor
They are operation layers and yes they are visible when I try to identify them. When you an avaiable operation do you mean at the bottom of the rest page where it says supported operations? If so it says query. However other layers that are working say the same thing. They are all from the same map service as well.
0 Kudos
AlexSanders
Frequent Contributor
Make sure you are using the field alias to name the fields you want identified in the layer.
0 Kudos
LauraGoughenour
Emerging Contributor
I double checked the alias in the rest directory and everything is the same. I have layers that are extremely similar to the ones that i'm having problems with and they work. I'm stumped.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Laura,

Sorry this one has me stumped. I have seen people re-create their map service and have things start working fine with no real change to the MXD. You may want to attempt to re-publish that Map Service.
0 Kudos
LauraGoughenour
Emerging Contributor
Oddly enough re-creating the map service worked.

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos