Select to view content in your preferred language

Halo issue

Jump to solution
02-14-2012 02:59 AM
DaveCouture
New Contributor III
For some reasons, our features in Flex Viewer are being displayed with a white Halo (lines, texts and symbols).  We don???t have any Halo setup in our MXD, but they do appear after publishing the MXD to an MSD.  However, when viewing the MSD in the JavaScript viewer, there???s no Halo.  We called the ESRI Tech Support and they said that they never encounter this issue before and perhaps, the issue resides in one of the XML files ??? but, we can???t seem to find which one.

Anyone else had that issue before?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dave,

I have seen this when you select anti-aliasing in the MSD. On the Map Server Publishing toolbar in ArcMap there is an Options button make sure that Anti-Aliasing is none, and then re-save and re-publish the MSD, as well as clear the ArcGIS Server REST Cache.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dave,

I have seen this when you select anti-aliasing in the MSD. On the Map Server Publishing toolbar in ArcMap there is an Options button make sure that Anti-Aliasing is none, and then re-save and re-publish the MSD, as well as clear the ArcGIS Server REST Cache.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:
0 Kudos
DaveCouture
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert; it did resolved the problem - we just forgot to restart the REST.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dave,

Hmm... that is the only time I have seen that issue. Do you have an output folder specified in ArcGIS Server for that map service? Is the output type mime/image?
0 Kudos