Format Title Tag in Popup

09-15-2011 04:58 AM
CarrieTropasso1
New Contributor III
I would like to format the title tag in the InfoWindow popup to change the size and center the title in the popup window.  I have done quite a bit of formatting both in HTML in the description tag, as well as in the PopUpMediaBrowser skin, but I have had no success in formatting the title.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Carrie,

If you are familiar with editing the PopupMediaBrowserSkin than you will have no issue editing the PopupRendererSkin that controls the title. Look in that file for the mx text component with the id of titleText.
0 Kudos
CarrieTropasso1
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,
Thanks for your quick reply! I did attempt to change the font size in the PopUpRenderedSking using the following:

<mx:Text id="titleText"
width="100%"
fontSize="18"
fontWeight="bold"/>

However, it is not changing the title size in the info popup. Is there something I am missing?
Thanks,
Carrie
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Carrie,

That means that your skin is not getting applied then. How are you telling your project to use your modified skin?

In my eSearch widget I specify it using this line:

popUpRenderer.setStyle("skinClass", widgets.eSearch.PopUpRendererSkin);
0 Kudos
CarrieTropasso1
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,
Thank you so much for all of your help and input.  I guess in this particular case it is not being applied at all (which like you mentioned is why it is not working).  I am using the uncompiled version of the viewer.  Where would I need to insert the code so that my info window popup style changes are applied?  I looked in the default.css file and I see the WidgetTemplateSkin and the TitlebarButtonSkin, but I could not figure out where to input the code so that my PopUpRendererSkin is applied to the regular Pop Up Configuration for the viewer.  I also looked in the index.mxml but again, did not see where to apply this.  I see where it is applied for individual widgets, but since this is not a widget, I could not find where to put it.

Thanks,
Carrie
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Carrie,

Using the uncompiled version of the viewer all you need to do is create a src\com\esri\ags\skins folder and place the PopUpRendererSkin.mxml in there and re-run your project.
0 Kudos
CarrieTropasso1
New Contributor III
Robert,
I got it! Thank you so much for all your help and input - I really appreciate it.
Carrie
0 Kudos