Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
CaseyMcMillin
Emerging Contributor
Robert,
I am still trying to correct the issue I am having with hyperlinks in a related table.  After days of pounding my head on the table and trying everything I can think of, I have more information but still no solutions. I believe the issue has something to do with having the feature class and the table tied together with a relationship class. When I exported both the feature class and table to shapefile and made a test service and application, it resolved the white screen and loss of functionality but throws an error stating "invalid or missing input parameters" (even though the hyperlink works perfectly).  Does this added information give you any ideas on what the issue could be and I am also wondering if you tried the relationship class when you were trying to replicate the issues?
Thanks,
Casey
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Casey,

No, I have not had the time to attmept to duplicate your exact senario.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Nick,

If you go to my Live Preview Site and choose County Roads and type mud. Then click the relate flag icon you will see the realted data tab label change (as designed).

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer3.2/index.html?config=config-eSearch.xml
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Casey,

I don't know what else to tell you as I have now setup a Featureclass, a table, and a relationship Class in an Enterprise Geodatabase and tested a link to a pdf from a field in the related table and it works fine....
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
Emerging Contributor
I am currently running 2.3 and have read the current XML config doc. So I think my question would ;pertian to either version...

I want to know if I can use the linkfield element to call a JavaScript snippet (see attached)?

The link would look like the line below where the Parcel PIN (10126078) is a field in my service.

<a href='javascript:SubmitThisForm("10126078");'>Link to Auditor's Page</a>

I'm open to storing a new/diff hyperlink field, if that helps.

thank you for your time and effort on this widget.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
xander,

To my knowledge the answer is NO.
0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara
Frequent Contributor
Nick,

If you go to my Live Preview Site and choose County Roads and type mud. Then click the relate flag icon you will see the realted data tab label change (as designed).

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer3.2/index.html?config=config-eSearch.xml

Thank you for the link. When you click the flag on your site, I notice that it does change the relate name tab from the default (presumably in the DG XML), to the relate label text.

My site is not doing that. Regardless of what I have as the relate label text, it does not overwrite the tab name, although the tooltip is working, and everything else works as desired. I haven't significantly changed my code from my post above. Do you know why this could be happening?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Nick,

Are you sure you are using 3.2.3?... If you hold your Alt key and click on the widgets title a dialog with the version will display.
0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara
Frequent Contributor
Nick,

Are you sure you are using 3.2.3?... If you hold your Alt key and click on the widgets title a dialog with the version will display.

Yes. I was wondering the same thing as there were times before when I updated the widgets and it said they were applied to my projects, but I found that they were not. However, in this case, yes, I'm seeing: "Enhanched Search Widget Version: 3.2.3
Build Date: 4/30/2013"
0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara
Frequent Contributor
Yes. I was wondering the same thing as there were times before when I updated the widgets and it said they were applied to my projects, but I found that they were not. However, in this case, yes, I'm seeing: "Enhanched Search Widget Version: 3.2.3
Build Date: 4/30/2013"

OK, I figured it out. Although the eSearchWidget.swf was updated, the SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf was not updated, so my version was a few months old. When I updated the tool in the Builder, it asks whether you want it to update your projects and I always say yes, but sometimes I find that stuff like this happens. I have no idea whether that is on Esri's side or the widget author's.

So I downloaded and copied the newest version of the SWF over and now it's working as designed.
0 Kudos