Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
TonyAlmeida
Frequent Contributor

ok So i try to uninstall ArcGIS viewer for flex and re-install it and the Enhanced-search-widget for Flex 3.7.2 gets some how installed with a new ArcGIS viewer for Flex install...

after reinstall i re downloaded your Enhanced search widget and load it to ArcGIS viewer for Flex through the application builder/settings/custom widgets. I added the line to the config file.

<widget left="0" right="0" bottom="0" url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf" config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml"/>

I can now see the search results, but when i do s search on a parcel the enhanced search widget finds it and displays info but nothing is populated in the search results table. see attached pic.

The location of eSerch is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers\TESTA\widgets\eSearch and the date of files inside are date modified is 12/22/2014.

Inside the eSearch.zip that i download and reloaded into ArcGIS viewer for Flex are date modified 12/10/2014.

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Deactivated User

Just an FYI. During an Esri support ticket, we had an issue that was not resolved and were told that Flex will no longer be supported in 2015.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Frequent Contributor

Chris,

Thanks for the heads up. Did they say what API will be continued to be supported?

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Deactivated User

Esri stated that they will support the JS API. But, I was also told that I need to move away from Legacy JS API and program in AMD JS API, more because of Dojo than Esri, but support is supposed to discontinue next year with Legacy JS API and Esri will continue to support AMD JS API. Both Flex information and JS API information I received from support calls, but I was basically warned on both to get them changed soon. With that, there has been no official announcement from Esri.

If you are not familiar with this API or for anyone that reads this thread, the JS API that will receive ongoing support is here: ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Frequent Contributor

Any change ArcGIS For Silverlight will be supported?

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Deactivated User

I haven't heard anything on that, but based on that it uses a plug-in like Flex, I'm not optimistic. My instructor in JavaScript training stated that Esri is trying to get away from plug-ins, but that could have been an offhand comment too. Based on last years DevSummit, you would have thought support for both had stopped as the lion's share of the sessions were JS API or mobile and of course AGS Online. But the best I can say on Silverlight is I really don't know.

0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Deactivated User

I was told that Flex support would end at the end of 2016. I figured that would give us all 2 years to convert and migrate, etc. I think the JS/HTML5 needed to evolve and mature as well. At this point if forced to change we would be looking at a new application with half the functionality and half the aesthetics.

I really wish we could get a straight answer.

Aaron Kreag, GISP

0 Kudos
KerryCoCo
Emerging Contributor

Hi Robert,

Quick question? I am looking for a way to click on a point and find everything within a certain (1km) radius of the point. I know I can tick the "Add Search Tolerance" Box but this uses a pixel value. Is there any way to change the pixel value to a distance value?

I know there is a buffer option but this would require many extra steps and our user has hundred of selections to make.

I love the widget by the way, hope it makes the transfer to the javascript Web AppBuilder.

Mick

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mick,

I am not sure what you mean by many extra steps. On the Graphical search page of the widget you just check the buffer checkbox and set your units and (or you can configure these defaults in the widget configuration) then you draw a point one the map. Short of this no there is no other option.

0 Kudos
KerryCoCo
Emerging Contributor

Hi Robert,

Sorry, Just spotted my mistake. I had copied the eSearch widget code from another flex and the buffer option had been removed.

It works perfectly now.

Thanks for your quick response.

Mick

0 Kudos