Create a Model

Jump to solution
03-18-2015 09:15 PM
DilipWagh
New Contributor

Hi All,

I need some help to make a model, which will become a geoprocess in Server.

Basically I need to calculate population stats from a point coverage, where each point has the number of people as a value in the 'population' field.

1. I need to draw a polygon on the map which selects all points 'Within' - I have done this

2. Once the selection is made I need to calculate the sum of the values and return that value as the total population in the Area drawn. - This is what I am struggling with

A pretty simple model I am sure, but I have not used Model Maker for a long time as I use FME, and trying to find the tools if problematic, I hope someone out there can assist.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

After selection use summary statistics tool which will calculate sum and return the sum in a table.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Further you can use Get Value tool (model only tool) to use this value in next analysis.

Hope this is helpful

Kishor

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

After selection use summary statistics tool which will calculate sum and return the sum in a table.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Further you can use Get Value tool (model only tool) to use this value in next analysis.

Hope this is helpful

Kishor

DilipWagh
New Contributor

Hi Kishore, Thanks very much for this, I just needed pointing in the right direction, all fully operational now, many thanks

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Dilip,

Doesn't the Chart Widget have this functionality straight out of the box?

Regards

Gigzy

0 Kudos