browser cache

Jump to solution
05-08-2012 07:38 AM
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
It seems like I often have to clear my browser's cache after updating some things with my web app or else the changes do not show.  Clearing the REST cache doesn't take care of everything.  I think the average user would not think to clear their cache let alone even know how and they would not see changes/fixes.  Is there a way to force it on load somehow?  If not, Any ideas on how to get people to understand that it may be necessary?  I doubt that a snippet in a help page would be enough....plus when would they even know that a change has been made and they need to clear it?

thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
This is what I am using.  I have only had it live for a few days but all seems well other than that one user I mentioned.

Hope it helps.

FYI I haven't used Firefox at all for my application so I can't comment on that.  I use both IE and Chrome, as do our local users.

EDIT:  For future reference, this is for version 3.1
0 Kudos
JasonStanton__GISP
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the file but that didn't help me.  Same thing with all three browsers.
0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
Does this same thing happen while using an unedited ConfigManager?
Are you using the original TOC or Robert's custom?
0 Kudos
JasonStanton__GISP
Occasional Contributor
It was working fine using unedited ConfigManager and Robert's TOC v3.1.  Once I changed to the edited version it fails.
0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
I am using Robert's TOC as well.  I'm starting to think there is a conflict there for 3.1 but I don't know why it only happens for one of my users on this end.

Maybe i'll try to remove some of the edited code and see if it has an effect.  It is difficult for me to test though as the machine with the issue here is in use. 

If I'm able to figure anything out I will let you know.
0 Kudos
JasonStanton__GISP
Occasional Contributor
One (likely) big difference is that everything on my server runs through SSL.
0 Kudos