Select to view content in your preferred language

attachment relate widget 2.4 assistance?

12-31-2012 11:57 AM
SteveNelson
Occasional Contributor II
This is directly related to my post here, but wanted to see if i could catch Roberts attention since it's direclty related to the relate widget he's made available.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/74305-can-only-see-layer-when-it-s-type-dynamic.-why-s-that

For some reason, I can't get my layer to draw unless I set it to a type=dynamic.  But of course, to get the relate widget to work I need it to be a type=feature.
Any ideas what I need to look at in order for my config code to work properly?  Seems so simple but just can't get it to work.  It had been working for months but now no good.

Thanks for any tips.
Again, sorry for the double post, but I couldn't rename my other post to include 'relate widget'.
Steve

<layer  label="Parcels" type="feature" visible="true" alpha="1.0"
info="widgets/InfoTemplates/AttRelateInfoWinWidget.swf"
infoconfig="widgets/InfoTemplates/IWT_BanffParcels.xml"
url="http://maps.tob.int/ArcGIS/rest/services/BaseData/Parcels/MapServer/0"/>
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Steve,

The issue really doesn't have anything to do with the widget. You need to figure out what is wrong with the map service and why you can not get it to display as type="feature". I would begin with republishing the service and clear your REST cache. If that does not help try publishing the same MXD/MSD as a new service with a new name and see if you can add it as type="feature".
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
Morning Robert,
Thank you for your note.
I tried each suggestion, and for some reason, I just can't get any layer to draw when it's a type="feature".
All services are visible in ArcCatalog.  Seem to work fine, I can see them, 'info' them.
I agree, this is not an issue with any widget coding.

Any other suggestions by chance?
I'm using Flex 2.4, perhaps try the 3.0 version?
Might be time to contact ESRi support.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Steve,

I would lean more towards this being an AGS Server issue, as you stated that it did work at some point in the past. Yes tech support should be your next step.
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
Sounds good, thanks for your time Robert
Steve
0 Kudos