Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcgis flex viewer fees

03-26-2012 02:05 PM
Jose_FranciscoSánchez_Díaz
Deactivated User
Hello:
I don´t find any information about Arcgis viewer's price in ESRI web page.
I have an ArcGIS arcview 10 license, and I would like to use Flex Viewer, combined with arcgis online account to share contents with my clients.
Do I need any short of subscription to do it?
Also I have same question about arcgis online aplications (templates).
Thank you about info.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Honored Contributor
Jose,

The Flex Viewer and Flex API are free to use and do not require you to pay any additional fees (you have already paid for your server license). The compilied version of the viewer has .xml config files that can be configured using a text editor such as notepad. If you are serious about doing and development on the source code it is worth investing in adobe flash builder. The other APIs for Javascript and Silverlite are also free to use.

Arcgis online is also free but only allows you to upload a certain amount of data (I think about 2GB) before you have to pay to upgrade.

Hope this helps

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Hello:
We already have't arcgis server license. We would like to use flex viewer with an arcgis online.
We only have ArcGIS Desktop licenses.
Is still free?
Thank you!
0 Kudos
IvanBespalov
Frequent Contributor
more license (english PDF ~84KB) and license (spanish PDF ~104KB) to your collection. Both versions (compiled/sources) of ArcGIS Flex Viewer Appilcation has readme.txt file with link to this license agreement.

ArcGIS Flex Viewer Application is open source project - FREE, with some restrictions.

P.S. It is still free even if you now for the first time learned of the ESRI 😉
0 Kudos
AlexSanders
Frequent Contributor
Check out using ESRI's cloud services to set up an ArcGIS Server License and utilizing the flex api to extend the flex viewer.  http://www.esri.com/technology-topics/cloud-gis/index.html

Depending on use it's going to cost you around $10,000 and up.

Alex Sanders
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Hello:
Thank you for info.
I have contact with my  Esri local reseller.
It seem that if you have an arcgis server license, using flex viewer is free.
If you haven't then you need to pay a 6.000 $ annual fee in order to use it.

Respect to cloud base services, 10.000 $ are too expensive for us. We are a small company and we need very small hosting capabilities.
Arcgis for subscriptions could be a good alternative, but it will depend on prices plans.
0 Kudos