Select to view content in your preferred language

Send Email When Attribute/# Enters Range. Don't Send Email When New Attribute Updates Are In Same Range

Jump to solution
07-31-2024 09:16 AM
ArmstKP
Frequent Contributor

I am working with Heat Index values and I want to be able to only send emails when a heat index value, for example enters into the range of 88 to 93, but I don't want to send an email if the subsequent attribute value updates are within the same range as the previous value.  Anybody have any helpful ideas on what tools or combination of Arcade to make something like this function?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffSilberberg
Frequent Contributor

@ArmstKP 

I would combine either an Incident Detection node with a Filter By Express (Start, Stop, Ongoing) and Control Event Volume node, or simply a Filter By expression (Between x and y) with a Control Event Volume.  Probably the Incident Detection would work best based on your description.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffSilberberg
Frequent Contributor

@ArmstKP 

I would combine either an Incident Detection node with a Filter By Express (Start, Stop, Ongoing) and Control Event Volume node, or simply a Filter By expression (Between x and y) with a Control Event Volume.  Probably the Incident Detection would work best based on your description.

PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@ArmstKP I can envision two ways to achieve this:

First, as @JeffSilberberg suggested you can use the Detect Incidents tool and set an attribute expression that identifies the incident criteria. Then, add a Filter by Expression tool following to only let pass incidents where $feature.IncidentStatus == "Started" || $feature.IncidentStatus == "Ended" (if desired)

Another option is to use the Calculate Fields tool followed by a Filter by Expression. Your Calculate Fields tool can calculate a numeric or boolean value to indicate if the prior value was in the defined range. This would leverage the TrackFieldWindow track function. Then the Filter by Expression tool could follow to filter out unwanted values. Additional doc on track functions.