Select to view content in your preferred language

Metrics - Existing Conditions Data Import

Jump to solution
08-02-2023 02:01 PM
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

Is this step of the documentation correct -- select the zoning layer instead of the layer that likely has the data one wants?  Here:  Configure the dashboard—ArcGIS Urban | Documentation, Import existing metric values Section, Step 3.a (see screenshot attached). 

Also, the instructions regarding working with metrics in the Global manager vs the plan and project UIs is confusing and incomplete. If you can point me to resources providing complete information and instruction that would be helpful. I've seen the standard documentation, here Configure the dashboard—ArcGIS Urban | Documentation and here User interface items—ArcGIS Urban | Documentation

There seems to be some confusion over whether on can ONLY import existing pop, household, and job data, or one can import existing conditions data for each metric one will be using. The functionality of setting up metrics suggests the latter but illustrations focus on pop, hh, and jobs. Would you please clarify?

I'm trying to complete an initial deployment of AGU, and simply want to set up the model-wide metrics in the Global Manager so they bring the relevant and standard information into the plans and projects metrics subsequently created when users use AGU. 

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

Ah, sorry, you're right, this post was a mistaken second post.  I'll delete it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

Hi Dominik, Thanks for the reply.

I tried to distinguish the two, by indicating that the other one had to do with NON-metrics related data.

THIS question relates to adding existing condtions data for metrics, as discussed above and at the links. 

In particular, the primary question is whether the AGU Documentation that says to add the "zoning" layer to add data is correct. I doubt it as that layer does not have the data of any of the metrics, and the documentation does not seem to include a step that accesses the needed existing data for a particular metric.  I was just pointing it out to Esri if this was so, and asking for clarification if so.

Other discussions of additng existing conditions data for the metrics suggest that one should find the layer on AGOL that has the data, and add that layer, and NOT add the zoning layer. 

The other paragraphs focus on METRICS-related data, as distinct from NON-metrics related data of the latter post. 

If you or anyone else can provide clarification, that would be helpful. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

Ah, sorry, you're right, this post was a mistaken second post.  I'll delete it. 

0 Kudos