Buildings go below ground level

Jump to solution
06-30-2020 04:58 AM
SamiyaAl_Ismaily
Esri Contributor

I am working on 3D Visualization. I am now trying to learn how we can use and promote ArcGIS Urban using local data. I already have an urban model that I have imported as a web scene but the 3D buildings go under the base map (Under ground). On the other hand, when I open  the web scene the buildings a perfectly shown on the base map. I appreciate if anyone can suggest how to resolve this problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamiyaAl_Ismaily
Esri Contributor

Dear Till,

Sorry for the late reply. I figured out that the problem was how I had converted my 2D data into 3D in  ArcGIS Pro. I had to change the Building feature layers elevation from “Absolute Height” to “On the Ground”. This was making the buildings to go beneath the ground level.

Thank you for your help.

Samiya AlIsmaily

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi Samiya Al Ismaily

Thank you for your question. To better understand your issue, I have some questions:

• Do I understand you correctly, that the buildings are shown underground in ArcGIS Urban, but are aligned correctly when looking at the buildings in the SceneViewer of ArcGIS Online?
  • Did you load the existing buildings in the data manager (cogwheel button) in the section "Existing buildings layer for schematic visualization (SceneLayer)"?
  • Have you set a Custom elevation Layer in the data manager?

I hope I am able to help you with this additional information, thank you in advance .

Best, Till

0 Kudos
SamiyaAl_Ismaily
Esri Contributor

Hi Till,

Thank you for the reply.

1) Yes, the buildings are shown underground in ArcGIS Urban, but are aligned correctly when looking at the buildings in the SceneViewer of ArcGIS Online

2) I did load the existing buildings in the data manager in the "Existing buildings layer for schematic visualization (SceneLayer)"

3) I have set the Terrain 3D by Esri as the Custom elevation and it is still does not make a difference in the ArcGIS Urban.

Best,

Samiya AlIsmaily

0 Kudos
SamiyaAl_Ismaily
Esri Contributor

Dear Till,

Sorry for the late reply. I figured out that the problem was how I had converted my 2D data into 3D in  ArcGIS Pro. I had to change the Building feature layers elevation from “Absolute Height” to “On the Ground”. This was making the buildings to go beneath the ground level.

Thank you for your help.

Samiya AlIsmaily

Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Dear Samiya

I'm happy that you found the solution :-).

-Till

0 Kudos