ArcGIS Tracker Deprecation

01-04-2022 08:17 AM
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor
1 0 721

On December 31st, 2021, we deprecated support for ArcGIS Tracker (iOS and Android platforms). We highly recommend that you migrate existing field solutions to ArcGIS Field Maps.

Field Maps includes all of the capabilities of ArcGIS Collector, ArcGIS Explorer and ArcGIS Tracker combined as well as many new improvements to location tracking workflows with many more to come in 2022. There are several resources available to get you started and we encourage that you review the migration guide for details on transitioning existing workflows.

With the official deprecation:

• Esri will discontinue technical support for ArcGIS Tracker.
  • Esri will no longer update ArcGIS Tracker mobile app in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
  • Esri will no longer certify mobile device platform updates or ArcGIS system updates with ArcGIS Tracker.

You can continue to purchase and use ArcGIS Tracker licenses with ArcGIS Field Maps (including a Viewer user type). In a future update of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, we will rename the license capability.  

We understand that migration takes time and will continue to provide access to ArcGIS Tracker in the Apple App Store and Google Play indefinitely.

About the Author
I am the Group Product Engineering Lead for our Field Apps team at Esri. I work with an amazing team building out our field solutions. Please feel free to ask me anything about ArcGIS Field Maps, Workforce, and Navigator.