Select to view content in your preferred language

Webhook timeout and double entry...

12-13-2022 02:49 PM
RogerAsbury
Occasional Contributor

Going to post the second half of a question I asked earlier as it's as yet unaddressed and causing me issues. 🙂

After updates to Survey123 on December 6, I've noticed some oddities when testing a survey that triggers a webhook. After filling out the form, people may (doesn't happen every time...) see the following error:

RogerAsbury_0-1670971488677.png

If you select show details it shows the URL to the webhook processing server and claims it timed out after five seconds. However, most of the time, the server processed the webhook just fine. In fact, if I watch Azure's Log Stream, I can see the connection occurring quickly. 

Additionally, it now seems that the webhook it being triggered twice per entry. My assumption here is that since Survey123 thinks the server waiting on the webhook is not responding, it sends the data again, but that's just a guess on my part.

Any ideas what may be causing these?

--
Roger Asbury
Analyst/Programmer - Fairbanks North Star Borough
Tags (3)
10 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertHauck1 ,

Can you please try again in the Survey123 web app by appending ?version=latest in the URL? This forces loading your survey in the latest 3.19 version of Survey123 web app which includes the webhook fix.

If everything goes well, you can republish the survey in the Survey123 website or 3.19 Survey123 Connect to utilize the fix.

0 Kudos