User sees data from _stakeholder feature layer

Jump to solution
01-08-2019 02:36 AM
JohnMcConalogue1
New Contributor II

I have a survey with over one thousand records. The original survey was created in August 2017. We made changes to the survey in October 2017 and published a new survey which overwrote some old data. There were 32 records recorded from August to October 2017.

Since October 2017 there has been 1200 records.

When I log into view the surveys here https://survey123.arcgis.com  i can see the 1200 records but when some other users log in they only see the 32 records created in 2017.

Within the survey on AGOL the 1200 records are visible in the survey feature layer file but the 32 records are visible within the survey feature layer _stakeholder file.

Anyone know what is going on here?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

If you are very careful, you can delete the stakeholder view (MUST MAKE SURE IT IS NOT THE PARENT LAYER) and re-share the survey using the Collaborate options in the Survey123 website.  This will recreate the stakeholder view which can then be shared with other viewers using the share link.  As a best practice, you can always export your data to a file geodatabase prior to deleting/recreating things like views.

To answer the question in full, once the survey is republished using Survey123 Connect, it does not update the view in the republishing process.  As the view is simply referencing the parent layer, where the data is stored, it loses the connection and must be re initiated using the workflow described above.

Best,

Brandon 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

If you are very careful, you can delete the stakeholder view (MUST MAKE SURE IT IS NOT THE PARENT LAYER) and re-share the survey using the Collaborate options in the Survey123 website.  This will recreate the stakeholder view which can then be shared with other viewers using the share link.  As a best practice, you can always export your data to a file geodatabase prior to deleting/recreating things like views.

To answer the question in full, once the survey is republished using Survey123 Connect, it does not update the view in the republishing process.  As the view is simply referencing the parent layer, where the data is stored, it loses the connection and must be re initiated using the workflow described above.

Best,

Brandon 

JohnMcConalogue1
New Contributor II

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the reply.

Could I not just make the _Stakeholder feature layer private and just share the new layer or do I have to delete the _stakeholder layer completely before I share the parent layer?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue1
New Contributor II

Brandon,

I went ahead and deleted the stakeholder view and re-shared the survey like you said and this worked out.

Thanks very much for your help,

John

FavaN2021
New Contributor III

Hello John, 

When you deleted the stakeholder layer, did you loose any data that was already previously captured?

Thank you, 

NF

0 Kudos