Update/Refresh survey in Survey123 for ArgGIS (desktop)?

Jump to solution
02-19-2020 01:04 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I update/refresh an old survey with a newer version when viewing it on desktop?  Is there a way to make it so it automatically retrieves the latest version?? 

For example, when I navigate to a Form (meaning as an Item in AGOL), I select "Open in Survey 123 App" and I assume that I am opening the latest version because I am directly accessing the item from AGOL. 

However, instead of opening the latest version, Survey123 for ArcGIS accesses whatever version it has stored here:  C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Surveys\<AGOL Item ID>\

To my knowledge the only way of accessing the latest version of a survey is to hunt down the folder where its stored and delete the folder.  Please tell me there's a better way...

Which version pf the app am I running?  I assume there's an easy way to query the app and find out but I am not finding one.  When I look here C:\Users\<username>\Applications\ArcGIS\Survey123forArcGIS\version.txt it tells me I'm running 4.1.70. However the file I downloaded is Survey123_x64_3_7_57.exe which I assume means version 3.7.57.

Survey 123 is an awesome tool, thank you for keeping it awesome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joshua,

In the current 3.7 release version of the field application there is now way to be notified or automatically update the version of the survey on the device, this needs to be done manually via the Download surveys menu.

However, good news, this feature is coming in the next release of Survey123, where update survey notifications will be supported. You can find out more information in the Early Adopter Community where the 3.9 RC builds are currently available for testing and feedback.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joshua,

In the current 3.7 release version of the field application there is now way to be notified or automatically update the version of the survey on the device, this needs to be done manually via the Download surveys menu.

However, good news, this feature is coming in the next release of Survey123, where update survey notifications will be supported. You can find out more information in the Early Adopter Community where the 3.9 RC builds are currently available for testing and feedback.

Regards,

Phil.