update error 400 & 401

Jump to solution
07-21-2017 09:24 AM
youngpark
New Contributor III

Good evening, Ismael & James

it is very strange.  today, I was planning to update one of my surveys.  I downloaded from the server then updated a couple fields then I could not upload again. (i am getting error 400 and 401)  thus, I did UNDO all my changes, but I could not upload my survey.

I attached few reference screenshots.  I guess the "repeat" cause some issue.

please let me know if you have any idea.

thanks,

0 Kudos
25 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This error message appears when you attempt to publish a new survey, or an initial publishing failed.  Please login to ArcGIS Online (http://www.arcgis.com); in the 'My Content' area you will see a list folders on the left.  You should see a folder with name in the error message.  When a survey successfully publishes, it should contain a Form item and at least 1 Feature Layer item.  If the Form is missing, it likely means the survey did not publish successfully the first time.  It also means the Feature Layer doesn't have any data in it (you can click on the feature layer and go to the Data tab to confirm).  If you delete the folder, you can re-attempt the publishing process.

youngpark
New Contributor III

James, 

thanks for your quick reply.  Yes, I do understand how the ArcGIS online works.  I re-attempt the process many times already.  the connector does not show any error, but cannot upload a new survey.  

I may need to re create excel file from the first line.   I do have 80 lines in my excel file.  I shall update the new survey 80 times. we will see.. which line cause the error.  Hope I can do a better way.. .....

if you find any helpful resource, please let me know.

thanks,

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue when trying to publish a form that contains an external choice sheet. The folder and feature layer for the survey are created, but no form layer is produced. If trying to republish an existing form, it appears to corrupt the existing form in some way - attempting to download the form produces a message that the form could not be downloaded. Deleting and attempting to republish the form again did not resolve the error. We are publishing to AGOL.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Brittney,

We're working to isolate the problem and correct.

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
youngpark
New Contributor III

James,

Thanks for all your help.  it was "pulldata("@geopoint"" function.  after remove all the functions.  I was able to publish it.  hope the function works again.

thanks,

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

I would hate to remove my pulldata on my form as I use three csv files for my form.  I have not tested removing pulldata but the whole workflow for my work will not work without pulldata. Hope we get a resolution soon.

0 Kudos
youngpark
New Contributor III

Hi reneto.  

The Pull function for csv file  is working correctly.  You might have some other issue such as the new capitalization rule for the "name" column.  

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon

I'm confused by your reply. You said when you removed all the pulldata function the publishing works. I have addressed all the capitalization and still failed to publish. I also reverted back to 2.2 and I still can't republish the existing form after I make some updates. I'm using Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon

A few more testing, after removing all my pulldata rows, including pulldata with geopoint, my form published correctly. Unfortunately I can't go to production without pulldata. Thanks for your comments @youngpark. I installed 2.3 again, validated my form with lower case names without pulldata and it published successfully. I then added back pulldata with geopoint and the error is back..

0 Kudos