Unable to Publish code 400 unable to create folder

04-24-2018 09:31 AM
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

We just upgraded our Portal to 10.6 and we switched authentication from IWA (SSO) to OAUTH (Explicit Login). Using Connect 2.7.72 when I publish, as soon as I click on the Publish button, Connect opens the Publish Survey dialog, and as soon as Creating folder Info appears Error code: 400 Unable to create folder errors appears.

One thing I notice with Connect when I switch from one portal to another (Test to UA or UA to test), connect launches a browser with the html title SUCCESS code: and on the page it specifies:

OAuth2 Approval

Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there:
Not sure where to paste that code within Connect.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Renato 

We have a bug open that results in Connect not properly switching out of an IWA portal (although it looks like you are signed into the new portal - you are actually still signed in to the original IWA portal). Please can you select the new portal in your list, then close Connect and then re-open it and sign in. Then try to publish again. You will need to make sure the survey name is unique, as the 400 error usually occurs when the survey directory already exists in the portal (following a failed publish).

If this is not the issue, could you share some console logs of this failed login: 

Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Also please confirm whether or not you are using external browser sign in.

Thanks

John

RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

I notice when I use Survey123 on the two portals that were switched with the new authentication, I don’t see the explicit login (in app) that I see with ArcGIS Pro, Portal or Dashboard.

I'm sure the survey name is unique so that's not a possible cause for me. 

I’ll try to do the console logs and send it later. I’ll  also try using a new computer without Survey123 and see how the connection behaves.

As to the external browser question, I have seen it once and did it once but to be honest I can’t remember if it was Survey123, ArcGIS Pro, Dashboard or any of the two Portals I have tested. I can’t repeat the sign in option again. When I see it again I’ll give an update.

THANKS!

0 Kudos