Unable to log in to arcgis online error code.

09-11-2018 07:58 AM
Alvaro-Silva
New Contributor II

Survey123 ver. 3.0.142. Attempting to log into ArcGIS online not an enterprise portal. Error shows "ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED"

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alvaro,

A screenshot would help confirm, but it sounds like the device is not able to access ArcGIS Online.  Can you confirm that cellular/wifi access is enabled for the Survey123 app, and that you can reach https://www.arcgis.com through a browser?

0 Kudos
Alvaro-Silva
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Here is a screenshot of the log in screen. I just updated Survey123 connect.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for the screenshot.  Can I ask you to create Open Survey123 fresh, click on the gear icon, select Diagnostics, turn on logging, and then attempt to login (and afterwards share the log file with me - jtedrick AT Esri.com )?  Also, is this computer configured by an IT department that might have set a limit of which programs can access the internet?

0 Kudos
Alvaro-Silva
New Contributor II

James,

It was not a firewall or management issue, I could connect on another machine. I uninstalled and changed the installation folder to the local c: drive not in the user folder and it is up and running now.

Thanks again for you time.

RAMIRO_FELIX_CANCHUCAJA_CRUZ
New Contributor

Hello Alvaro. I have a computer with Windows 10 and I still experience the error you described.

Did you manage to log in in Survey123 connect in the same machine? I installed the software in C drive but I think the problem is the connection between Survey123 connect and the internet connection. I am able to used Chrome and Internet Explorer with any inconvenience.

N.B. I am using a computer of my company.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos