Unable to Create Folder Error 400

08-23-2018 05:48 AM
KarlaJohnson
New Contributor

I am trying to publish two surveys today and am getting the message that I am unable to create folder Error 400.  What should I do to allow me to publish?

Thanks

0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

This is not a bug and is the expected behaviour. AGO and Portal do not support content folders of the same name for the same user. Therefore you can not create a new survey (which by default creates a folder with the same namde as the survey in your content) with the same name as a folder that already exists in your content. This will return the code 400 error.

If you are creating a survey based on an existing feature service, that feature service can be in any folder in your organization that you have access to, it does not have to be in the same folder as the survey form item or have the same name or folder name.

If you have moved your feature service into the same folder, or renamed the folder it already exists in to be the same as the survey folder, this will cause the error. Simply have the existing feature service in any folder, and then ensure there is no folder with same name as your survey, publish the survey and it will will create the new folder, and the survey will be linked to the existing feature service.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Philip Wilson‌, thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I do understand the reason why this is not a bug, but I am wondering why it is an 'error' and the process stops, when the folder already exists? Is there any way the software can just warn the user "Hey, this folder exists, I am going to carry on and insert the survey into this existing folder". I think this is much more user friendly.

If this is not possible due to some back end reasoning that's fine, I just think it could be handled much better than just aborting the process completely.

But as I said, thank for sending through that info, it makes a lot more sense now.

0 Kudos
TelmaFernandes1
Esri Contributor

Good afternoon,

I try publishing a survey in addition to an existing feature service and always giving me this error I don't know what else to do. My form is attached. can you help please?

0 Kudos
jfpizarro_edd
New Contributor

Hola. Debes buscar en tus contenidos de Arcgis Online las carpetas que crea Survey123 al momento de publicar el error 400 con el nombre del formulario. Debes eliminar esas carpetas desde el portal de Arcgis Online y posteriormente sacar una copia del formulario en Survey123 Connect con un nombre diferente y posteriormente hacer la publicación del formulario.

0 Kudos