Select to view content in your preferred language

Troubleshoot Send Error: Code 400

09-30-2016 11:48 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I get an error when trying to submit a survey.  I am pretty sure this has to do with privileges.  When I am logged in as myself (Publisher role), I can submit the survey with no problems.  When I am logged in as our test user (a custom role defined as Field Editor), I cannot submit the survey and receive the following error message:

I checked the online help and it says that these privileges are required to use a survey: 

• Use maps and apps
  • Join groups
  • Edit features

The only difference between myself and the test user is the privileges assigned to us and our test user has the above privileges assigned.  Here is a screen capture of the privileges for our custom Field Editor role:

Am I missing something?  If this isn't an issue with privileges, what else could be causing this problem?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Just to check, the survey has been shared to either a group that the field worker is in or the organization?  I am able to submit data from a similarly restricted role.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Further to James' comment, make sure that both the survey form & the feature service are shared correctly.

Hvae you tried assigning the test user the publisher role to see if that at least works?

0 Kudos
JimW
by

I verified that the survey, feature service and map where all shared to a group.

I tested our test user with permissions switched to publisher and the same issue occurred.

0 Kudos
JimW
by

I think I have this figured out.  As part of my hosted feature services for manholes, I also have a layer for capturing the inspection data data via the submission URL.  Because I didn't want my field workers to be able to make changes to the manhole geometry, I had editing restricted to attribute updates only.  I didn't realize that when the inspection data was submitted that Survey123 was also capturing the location of that survey and adding a point to my inspection layer.  In hind sight I should have realized this sooner as the original layer I created in desktop, prior to uploading to AGOL, was a point feature class.  Anyway, once I updated my edit settings to add, update and delete, I was able to successfully submit the survey!

0 Kudos