Time Tutorial in Survey123

05-17-2017 08:54 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

In the date and time sample in survey123 there is a section on time only. If I input 1145 am and 1245 pm the result is "that is less than one hour". If I increment the time by one minute to 1246 pm the result is "that is exactly one hour". I've read the blog about how ArcGIS Online stores time as text. Is that why it cannot calculate correctly?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelKelly

Hi Mike,

That is not what I see on that survey:

Where are you seeing this behaviour - Survey123 Connect or the Survey123 Field App? What OS/version are you using?

MikeOnzay

Survey123 Connect on a desktop running W7 64 bit. I noticed that your example images do not include AM or PM. I downloaded the sample using Survey123Connect

exactly one hour but text say less than one hour

61 minutes but text says exactly one hour

0 Kudos
MichaelKelly

What version of Survey123 Connect are you running? I know there were changes made to how time is handled recently so if you're not on the latest version (2.0.41) I would suggest you update - the download link is here.

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

The issue occurs when I am using VPN to login to my office desktop computer from my home computer. Without using VPN, I've confirmed that results are correct when using the Time survey on both my home and office computer and both have the latest Survey123 version. The home computer is running W10 64 bit. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

I can see the behavior you describe.  I'll look into it further, but I'm wondering if it might be a rounding issue, given the way the calculation of the hour is done.  As for Michael's time display, I suspect he has a 24-hour clock set in his computer- we use the machine's native locale display.

0 Kudos