Survey123 v2.0 on Android

05-03-2017 06:23 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I am seeing an issue with Survey123 v2.0 on the Android OS and am wondering if anyone else is seeing this. On two devices I am testing with, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet and a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, the first question in my survey is a simple text question set with an "inputMask" to accept five digits. On the Android devices, I type five digits and go to the next question and the five digits disappear. Also, the five digits, when typed, appear red in color even though the required five digits have been entered. I am not seeing this behavior on iOS or Windows 10 devices.

My survey is attached in a zip file to this message.

Thank you for your time.

Joe

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

There are known issues specifically with the Samsung keyboard and input masks.  We suggest you use an alternative keyboard.

JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

James:

Per your suggestion, I did install an alternative keyboard (Gboard) on one of the devices. When I attempted filling out my survey with the new keyboard, the same thing happened.  Then I noticed something!  When I open the survey on a Samsung Android device, the first text question (with an inputMask of five integers) starts the cursor to the right of five spaces that were automatically inserted. Use the backspace key to remove those spaces and the survey question works. This behavior happens on Samsung Android devices with the default Samsung keyboard and with the alternative Gboard keyboard.   >The case of the mysteriously inserted spaces!

Thank you James

0 Kudos