Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 support duration

06-22-2018 06:45 AM
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know for how long is Survey123 planned to be supported (If known at all). My organisation is seriously considering ditching our old tools and replacing them with survey123. The survey would be used on a daily basis by numerous people to gather important data.  There is a risk involved for us since our current tools currently work fine (but are getting old), but once we make the switch we cannot afford to go back to what we currently have. We would like to be sure Survey123 and ArcGIS Online won't be turned offline in a few years.

So is Survey123 planned to be running for, say, the next 10 years?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Earlier this week we met with our regional ESRI reps for out annual EEAP (Esri Enterprise Advantage Program) review.  We had the same question and they indicated that Survey 123 is in for the long haul.  You might want to confirm that with your own regional reps just for your own peace of mind.

That should just about do it....
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nicolas.  In short: ArcGIS Online and Survey123 for ArcGIS are here to stay. ArcGIS Online is at the heart of what we do in Esri and Survey123 is one of the foundational apps of the ArcGIS platform.  Our first release of Survey123 was in 2016 and we have barely started with it.  There is so much coming with it in the future.

I would suggest that you contact your Esri Account Manager for details about Esri, our philosophy as a company and record.