Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 search() expression and pulldata(“@layer”) function error since AGOL October 2023 update

10-28-2023 02:43 AM
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

A couple of surveys that were working fine last week are no longer working since the AGOL update this week. I'm assuming it's something to do with the update due to the timing of the issue.

I am using the search() expression to pull a dynamic choice list from a hosted feature and several pulldata("@layer") functions. The drop-down for the choice list is blank and the pulldata functions are not pulling any data.

Everything was working for all users last week, and this week, it only works for me (I am the survey owner and own all the layers). Is anyone else having this issue since the ArcGIS Online October 2023 update? Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like it's a change relating to privileges. If I change the users to a custom admin role (that I use) the surveys work as expected. Last week this was not required.

Jamie.

1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I've had a similar issue on Enterprise for a while. Short-term workaround was a custom Admin Role for other users. Exact same symptoms, but unsure if these issues are related since your set-up was working prior to the update.

In my case, the survey was a public survey set to "only add new records". I think (but can't quite remember) if we set to "Add and update records" it would work normally for non-admin users.

abureaux_0-1698683000617.png

0 Kudos