Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Report: placing attachments side by side (or each on a different line)?

Jump to solution
06-21-2018 09:08 AM
HélèneTouyéras
Frequent Contributor

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to use some smart syntax in Survey123 report templates to avoid attachment piling up on top of each-other?

My survey has its "image" field within a repeat, so people can take several pictures of the feature they are surveying, for instance to show the different issues on the same feature.

I downloaded the report template and reused the part about the attachment without modification:

${#attachments}

${attached_item | size:250:0}

${/attachments}

When creating the report for a feature with several attachements, all the attachments are ported in the report, but they are all placed on top of each other.

EDIT: the above syntax will place each picture on its own line, it is okay. I realize I did wrong when actually using:

${#attachments} ${attached_item | size:250:0} ${/attachments}

I was wondering if there is a way to iterate through the attachments, so that I place the first one found on the first page, and all attachements (to make it simpler) at the end of the document, that is, all of them side by side or each on its line, but not on top of each other.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Hélène.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
BryceHancock
Frequent Contributor

Hi James,

Is there any way to show photos in a Survey123 report side by side from a repeat yet? Thank you.

0 Kudos
pangue
by
New Contributor

Hi, sorry this is an old thread, however images in repeats can be put side-by-side in a tile view by formatting the repeats in a text box in the feature report template. This allows data content to be added with the photos.  Below is what we have been doing for our photos when we want them in a tile view. 

Side by Side PhotosSide by Side Photos

KristenPonak
New Contributor

Hi @pangue -  this is exactly what i'm trying to achieve.  Would you be able to share your template?

CSDFRADMIN
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much! I spent a while finding a solution to this problem and I'm glad I found it.

I think this should be the accepted answer.

Stephanie1
New Contributor

Hi there! Do you have the template for this shared somewhere by chance? This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DeborahDennison
Emerging Contributor

Hi Pangue,

I'm looking for help on this problem too and would like to know how you made the side by side images.

Can you share the code Word doc or provide some tips so we can see how it was achieved? 
Thanks!

0 Kudos
ssweat
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi Deborah,

I have also been struggling with this. I have found that using the following syntax in a text box gives me the desired side by side photos. Note the spaces matter in between to give you photos space! Good luck!

screenshot.JPG

0 Kudos
JordanWade
New Contributor

Hi Pangue,

Thanks for this. Can you please share the script / word document ?

This is exactly what i need for my project

Cheers

0 Kudos
jiangmingyue
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

An easy solution that works for me is that instead of writing 

${#attachments}

${attached_item | size:250:0}

${/attachments},

place them in the same line :

${#$attachment} ${$file| size: 250:0} ${/}