Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Offline Submit Failed

07-15-2021 02:50 PM
GIS_Fox
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

I was notified by a field user of Survey123 that their offline data failed to submit as expected. It could be a hardware issue but I wanted to ask if there were any common problems I could look into for possible resolutions to this.

To my understanding, they filled the survey and hit submit, but the submit icon remained and multiple submissions, which is enabled, failed to populate and refresh to a new submission.

Offline inbox is enabled, data is saved and submitted when internet is re-achieved (they are having to get a mobile hotspot to counter their current issue and it appears to be unrelated), and we have both a dashboard and several users reviewing the data and process. So far there are no obvious items that have caused this but in case I am unawares of one I am reaching out prior to meeting with users for solutions.

Much appreciated and best regards,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AllisonHollier
Regular Contributor

The only thing I can think of is maybe they aren't still signed in to (Enterprise? AGOL)?  Those are the two things that usually get us... Internet connection and logins...

GIS_Fox
Frequent Contributor

Hi @AllisonHollier , thank you for the suggestion. Internet connection was definitely top culprits previously, however I am curious now if there are time outs on Survey123 AGOL logins once in the field? I had not considered this and I believe I've heard ESRI mods/dev members talk about this recently.

@DerekLaw , I recall you or another of your colleagues mentioned this topic somewhere from an ESRI announcement or video. Are there session expiration times or login issues with field users of Survey123 when away from internet for extended periods of time?

Much appreciated, God bless,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos