Survey123 keeps Freezing when Loading

Jump to solution
02-12-2018 01:13 PM
AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

Hi There,

Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS keeps freezing when I try to open a specific Survey123. I can how every load it on my mac, my current version is 2.5.44 on my mac. Where my PC is 2.6

Any suggestions would be great

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

It looks like the issue is related to the large number of external choices in your survey; removing them caused improvement in the performance.  While we'll look into how the performance can be improved, in this case you will probably be better served be geocoding or getting the responses back from a feature service- these are improvements you will see in beta shortly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

Would you be willing to share the XLS file of the survey?

0 Kudos
AndrewHansford

Hi James Tedrick‌ 

I can provide you the entire form if you like.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

It looks like the issue is related to the large number of external choices in your survey; removing them caused improvement in the performance.  While we'll look into how the performance can be improved, in this case you will probably be better served be geocoding or getting the responses back from a feature service- these are improvements you will see in beta shortly.

AndrewHansford

Hi JTedrick-esristaff‌ Thanks for this.

pjdeagle-co-nz-esridist

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Just letting you know that in the latest 3.12 beta builds available on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community we have made significant improvements to large choice lists which improve the survey load time in both Connect and the field app and further improvements to stability and speed of select one and select multiple choice lists once the form is open. From our testing this significantly reduces the time it takes to open a survey with very large choice lists.

On top of this there are now some new ways you can manage your choice lists dynamically and update them without having to republish the survey. Please check out the latest announcement on EAC and test out these new beta features with the latest 3.12 beta builds.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos