Survey123 Instance id error with Choice filter present

Jump to solution
09-22-2020 03:26 AM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All 

I have an xls form that uses choice filters across a number of section lists. Just recently i have been met with this error 

"The same instance id will be generated for different external instance source URLs. Please check form. Instance name 'Machinery', Existing type: 'pulldata', Existing URL: 'jr://file-csv/Machinery.csv', Duplicate type: 'choice', Duplicate URL: 'None', Duplicate context: 'survey'"
the strange thing is if i remove the choice filter the form loads fine. the csv it references in the error  was previously included in the form but it was removed and is no longer in use.  there are other pulldata csv in the form. Has anyone come across this error before?James Tedrick‌ perhaps you may know something abut this error? 
Regards
Paul 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

It would be helpful to see the entire form folder (XLSX, XML & CSV files) to see what is going on.  On a first read, it seems like you may have 2 files that are close in naming (i.e, 'Machinery.csv' and 'machinery.csv') or are using columns in the choice_filter with similar names.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

It would be helpful to see the entire form folder (XLSX, XML & CSV files) to see what is going on.  On a first read, it seems like you may have 2 files that are close in naming (i.e, 'Machinery.csv' and 'machinery.csv') or are using columns in the choice_filter with similar names.

0 Kudos
PaulSweeney3

Hi james 

Can I add you to a group or is there another way I can share it with you. I d rather not post it here

Thanks 

0 Kudos
PaulSweeney3

Hi James Tedrick

The issue is resolved as you mentioned there was duplication in the choice filter i had missed . Thanks for your response. 

0 Kudos