Survey123 Generate Report Error when Attachments Included

Jump to solution
04-25-2018 08:08 AM
JoshuaHellman
New Contributor III

I am having issues when I try to generate a report in Survey123 with attachments on my feature service. I have a feature with a signature field and also fields to take or attach photos on the end of my report. I am using a feature service to publish my results and collect data, which works great. When I open the survey online under the Data tab to generate a custom loaded report it fails. I have noticed even just by clicking a feature in the default ESRI pop-up window you can print from, there are the same attachments displayed 10 times throughout the print window. In this case I have 10 group sections in my survey, and at the end of each group the same attachments display.  So when I try to generate a report from a custom saved report template, it also fails when attachments are present.

The message is just "An error occurred while generating report." No other details are given.

I have noticed if I add a feature without attachments the report will successfully generate.

A few days ago I was able to get the output report I wanted with attachments included, but now it's been nothing but the same error every time when attachments are involved. I cleared my browser history and data.  I even started from scratch and rebuilt the Survey123 XLSForm.

Thanks for any help!

Josh

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

In order to properly match an image with a placeholder, the submitting application must have made use of a relatively new feature of the attachments, providing a keyword for the attachment on submission.  The failure is likely due to the keyword not being present, thus the report mechanism cannot tell one attachment from another.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

As James mentioned, the issue is caused by the feature service in an ArcGIS Server does not support "keywords" property for attachments, which is only available for ArcGIS Online hosted feature service, so the report engine has an issue when retrieving the attachment file.

We had a hotfix for 3.0 release (planned in the middle of next week) to address the issue, which allows the report to be generated successfully based on current templates without modification. However, the known limitation would be you cannot add answers for an attachment question (e.g. image, signature...) in the report if the feature service is in ArcGIS Server, all placeholders of actual attachments will be replaced with a blank space as there's no answer to the question.

DarkoStojceski
New Contributor

Hello to everyone,

Are there any news about Survey123 report and ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Portal?

Thank you

"As explained via email, after taking a look at your XLSForm, I see that you are writing to an ArcGIS Server service. Unfortunately, the ability to reference attachments from a service hosted on ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Portal is not currently supported when generating Reports from the Survey123 website. Although this has been given preferential priority to address, there is not an exact timeline for when this capability will be implemented."