Survey123 Generate Report Error when Attachments Included

Jump to solution
04-25-2018 08:08 AM
JoshuaHellman
New Contributor III

I am having issues when I try to generate a report in Survey123 with attachments on my feature service. I have a feature with a signature field and also fields to take or attach photos on the end of my report. I am using a feature service to publish my results and collect data, which works great. When I open the survey online under the Data tab to generate a custom loaded report it fails. I have noticed even just by clicking a feature in the default ESRI pop-up window you can print from, there are the same attachments displayed 10 times throughout the print window. In this case I have 10 group sections in my survey, and at the end of each group the same attachments display.  So when I try to generate a report from a custom saved report template, it also fails when attachments are present.

The message is just "An error occurred while generating report." No other details are given.

I have noticed if I add a feature without attachments the report will successfully generate.

A few days ago I was able to get the output report I wanted with attachments included, but now it's been nothing but the same error every time when attachments are involved. I cleared my browser history and data.  I even started from scratch and rebuilt the Survey123 XLSForm.

Thanks for any help!

Josh

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brandon,

I am doing the same thing now. I have created a Hosted feature service on portal and by using this have created a survey in Survey123. When I am trying to print the report by using the custom report for the existing record in hosted feature service I am getting Error as getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND. I can't even export the Survey123 default template. Any suggestion on these please? Have we fixed this issue with new Enterprise version?

I am using 10.6 Portal.

Thanks,

Anu 

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anu,

Actually, the error getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND is expected if you are using a portal which is not public on the internet. This is because the server of the feature report engine cannot access the item/data inside your portal.

Also, please be advised when the feature report moving out of Beta, it will not support surveys in ArcGIS Enterprise anymore due to ArcGIS Online credits will be charged.

0 Kudos
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So what is the solution for this?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anu,

For now, you need to expose your portal to the internet to solve the issue (can open your portal's home page from any computer in the world). In the future, there's no way to create a report for surveys in ArcGIS Enterprise.

0 Kudos
WesleyCollins
New Contributor II

Has a solution been developed to generate signatures on a report directly from a survey? We need to be able to generate signatures on our reports for the survey to be usable, however currently the only thing not transmitting to the report is the signature. Help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wesley,

A Survey123 form can have a signature question (type image with appearance signature) and that can be included as an image in a feature report.  As noted, ArcGIS Enterprise does not support the feature report service being able to select a particular image in a report, so this is not supported in that environment.

WesleyCollins
New Contributor II

Thank you James for your reply. That was my fear, do you think building a widget in a web app to generate a report from this feature service survey would be the most efficient solution to this problem? I saw a similar solution on another forum. We need the report to include the signature or it is not valid for the regulatory standard set by the state we work in.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wesley,

If you wanted, you could create a web app to trigger the feature report service - in the Early Adopter Community, the REST interface to the feature report service is provided. If you are using ArcGIS Online, that would be able to provide you with a method to generate reports outside of the Survey123 website.  The ArcGIS API for Python also has methods for generating feature reports as well.

0 Kudos
Aneel_Kumar_M
New Contributor III

dear Brandon,

Is there any update on getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND

"Printing using feature report templates does not work with ArcGIS Enterprise deployments that aren't public facing. Attempting to do so will present a getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND error." 

Aneel_Kumar_M_0-1667386756194.png

Please advise, how to overcome this issue.

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

I've faced similar problem but I'm doing this on ArcGIS Online.

Our client is using Crowdsource Reporter to get data from their clients and they need to print out a report with attached picture. I tried researching on how to print out pop-up with reports, unfortunately that didn't work out but this could be the perfect solution for them. However, they still need to get data from crowdsource reporter so I use the feature service to build a survey123 app just to get this one window they can select the data they want and print it out. But the error occur when trying to print records with attachment. Records without attachment printed out fine so it must be the attachment though I have no idea how to fix this. I tried restricting the size of the picture but have no luck in that. any suggestion, anyone?

thanks!

Jaa

0 Kudos