Survey123 formUpdate fieldworker warning

05-13-2019 02:52 PM
deleted-user-FWfY2SUZfxIK
New Contributor

I made some change in my survey form and  pubished the new version. Is there a way to add a automatic warming message when the fieldworker open the survey123 app to tell him to donwload the new survey's version ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

This is not currently possible, the survey must be manually updated and downloaded again from the Download surveys menu. However, we do have a feature enhancement in our development backlog to support auto updating surveys and alerting users if the survey they already have on their device has been updated by the author/owner of that survey.

I have added your comments for this feature to the backlog issue.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Just letting you know we have been working on the survey update notifications feature in the latest Survey123 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC). The new workflow will now alert the user in the field app when an updated survey is available, and be displayed on the gallery page, download surveys page and when trying to open a survey that has an update. This enables the user to do an update of the survey before proceeding to collect a new survey record.

Please test out the latest 3.9 beta builds and provide any feedback via the EAC user forums for this new feature. You can find the 3.9 beta announcement with details on EAC.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos