Survey123 External Select Appearance Options

Jump to solution
05-15-2020 02:08 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am building a survey with Survey123 Connect.  I am using this sample survey located here:

Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

My question is about using the external select component of this survey. I want to add a external list with 400+ entries and I want the user to reference this list when typing in answer using predictive text or autocomplete (appearance option). The demo had selectable Counties with a default appearance. If I have (in this demo) 400 counties, it will turn my survey into a nightmare. Is there a way to use this external choices tab to populate the field for the user when they start typing? At the end of the day, I do not require the cascade option.  If this is the only way external selects are used (with the cascade option), then I can default with a Province/ State prior to the external select row.

If I change the row to have a appearance as autocomplete, I am not able to enter a value in the field.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found the answer.  The schema must bust be configured correctly in the external sources tab to include the State / Province and in the choice tab. This then works correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found the answer.  The schema must bust be configured correctly in the external sources tab to include the State / Province and in the choice tab. This then works correctly.

0 Kudos