Survey123 Expression

Jump to solution
05-21-2021 10:25 PM
TsedevGankhuyag
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created form using XLSForm. But as you can see in attached form, there are too many question. Is there any solution that if first question in group is yes, others follow to yes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KorySteele1
New Contributor II

This may not work in your situation, but if you want the next question to always be yes when the previous question was answered with yes, you could simply set the default to yes.  Of course the user could still change the answer to No if need be, but if you're trying to save clicks on such a long survey, it would seem making those follow up questions default to yes would serve that purpose.

Below is how I use both default and relevant for a manhole inspection survey.
default and relevant.PNG 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KorySteele1
New Contributor II

What you want to use is the relevant field, like this

KorySteele1_0-1621865356809.png

0 Kudos
TsedevGankhuyag
New Contributor II

Thank you for response. My intention is "If first question is yes, next question is automatically yes". Could you pls help me

0 Kudos
KorySteele1
New Contributor II

This may not work in your situation, but if you want the next question to always be yes when the previous question was answered with yes, you could simply set the default to yes.  Of course the user could still change the answer to No if need be, but if you're trying to save clicks on such a long survey, it would seem making those follow up questions default to yes would serve that purpose.

Below is how I use both default and relevant for a manhole inspection survey.
default and relevant.PNG 

0 Kudos
TsedevGankhuyag
New Contributor II

Solved. Many thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
KorySteele1
New Contributor II

Пожалуйста

0 Kudos