Survey123-Enterprise Deployment-Printing error

09-13-2018 02:25 PM
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have read in the document that "Printing using report template does not work with ArcGIS enterprise deployments that aren't public facing." Still cant hold the excitement to test it and got following error. 

As our ArcGIS Enterprise deployment is not public facing so I was expecting that report will not work. But just out of curiosity what this error mean and also is there any future plan to start reporting working for internal deployment, as would be good if it work in internal access which will help us for internal H&S reporting.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anu,

This error occurs because with non-public Portals the print service which is hosted online can not access the needed resources on your internal Portal to print successfully, as it needs to query the services on your Portal.

For internal non-public Portals to be able to print successfully and use all aspects of the Survey123 website, it would require an on-premises installation of the website and printing API, so that it did not need to access any of the resources hosted online.

We are currently working on an on-premises version of the website and web app which can be deployed locally, however this does not currently include the printing API which is still in beta functionality on the website.

Phil.

AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply.

Will wait for on premises version of Survey123 as I am currently working on health and safety forms converting in Survey123 and it needs special reporting as well.

Hopefully there wont be a long wait

Regards,

Anu