I made some minor changes in the survey forms attached.
Data for V2 is viewable in survey123 online, but the arcgis online map returns the title error and will not populate any data.
I can still submit additional surveys and I don't believe any of the issues noted here are relevant.
Aside from removing the changes (I think they're just in the calculation field) I can't think of anything that would be generating this error.
Any help is appreciated.
Do you know exactly what changes you made to the xlsx file? Which question types, labels, field types, calculations etc?
I would assume the error is caused by a change to the feature layer you made which is used in the web map. If you create a new web map using the same feature layer and data, do you get the same error?
It looks like the issue isn't in the xls.
The error may be generated as a result of the overall size of the attachments.
The test I ran on V2 and the copy had three attachments barely under the file size cap for each file individually.
There were no issues submitting the survey, but the map was failing to access the data.
I tried with another copy, and a small attachment, with no issues.
I might just workaround (sending attachments via email probably) (only issues I've found with testing so far are when the individual file size approaches the 10GB limit).
Yes, it sounds like you are running into attachment size issues. How big are the individual attachments you are uploading via the field app? Are they images, or other file types?
There is currently a 10mb limit for uploading attached via the Survey123 field app and web app, as per Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation .
How did you upload a 10gb file as an attachment to a survey, or did you upload the file via AGO data or web map?
Hey there Phil,
I was uploading via the browser, using the 'file' command (it's my understanding that the 'file' command isn't supported by the field app).
Initially, I had attached 3 pdfs (using 3 lines), the largest at ~9MB, and had no issues publishing, but the data wasn't being retrieved on my webmap. I could also attach the same files on the back end, after submission, with no issue.
Recently, I published a copied survey, and duplicated the initial submission with no issues.
In fact, I can't duplicate the error anymore...
With the 3.10 release the "file" question type is now fully supported in Connect and the field app. Please see updated documentation and release blog:
As for the issue you encountered, if all files are under the 10mb limit, there should be no reason why you are facing issues with the web map or when viewing the data online. I am not sure why that error may have occurred and could have been a intermittent server error.
I tried making a copy of V2 and publishing that, and I still came up with the same error.
Aside from grammatical changes in notes/descriptions, or removing lines, I believe the only changes in V2 were calculations in lines 15 and 17.
I also made lines 111-127 read only.
I don't have any sort of issue publishing V2 or the copy from connect.