Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect Range Question Malfunctioning

04-17-2023 08:16 PM
PamelaBlackmore
Emerging Contributor

Hi there!

I'm struggling with the appearance of a range question in Survey123 Connect. When I view my survey in Survey123 Connect, the range question appears as expected: a scale from 1-10 with ticks. However, when I view the survey in my browser (Chrome or Edge), there are no ticks and the scale is difficult to understand. I have the "Appearance" column empty in my XLS Form.

Here's how the question looks in Survey123 Connect:

PamelaBlackmore_0-1681787417089.png

Here's how it looks in my browser:

PamelaBlackmore_1-1681787460146.png

I built the survey using the ArcGIS XLSForm Template-Advanced version 3.17

Could somebody please help? I need this survey to go live on the web in a few days.

Thanks!

Pam

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Quick fix: change to a likert appearance

Investigation question: are you using a theme (fixed-grid or dynamic-grid)? Try removing it.

Also please share the XLSForm... really helps with reproducing and investigating.

PamelaBlackmore
Emerging Contributor

Thank you so much for your prompt response and willingness to help me troubleshoot this!

I am not using a theme.

Attached is my XLSForm.

Pam

0 Kudos
SMDSAdministrador
Occasional Contributor

Hello, @PamelaBlackmore 

I published your XLSForm, unaltered, in Connect 3.17.55 and the range question is behaving as expected:

SMDSAdministrador_0-1681904990091.png

Maybe opening the form in an incognito tab or having someone else test it on another computer might help you with the problem.

PamelaBlackmore
Emerging Contributor

Thank you so much! I tried it on two computers and my phone, and they all were malfunctioning. I sent the link to someone else, and it also malfunctioned. This leads me to think one of two things: 1) you didn't have the photo at the top of my survey, so perhaps that is throwing the scale bar off. 2) I'm using 3.15.170 (the template was 3.17) so there's a bug and I need to upgrade to the latest version. I took the photo out and republished and it's still malfunctioning. So that leads me to 2. ugh. I dread upgrading Survey123 Connect every single time. Wish there was an easier way. Oh well. At least I think I have a solution now all thanks to you. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and helping me 🙂

PamelaBlackmore
Emerging Contributor

That did the trick, @SMDSAdministrador! Upgrading to the latest version solved the problem.

I sure am grateful for people like you and @ChristopherCounsell . Not sure why you are so kind to help people like me out, but it means so much to me. Thanks so much!

SMDSAdministrador
Occasional Contributor

Glad you got it resolved 😄