Survey123 Connect Feature Service Issues

03-03-2020 05:09 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I want to create a survey123 XLSForm based off an existing feature service from Portal. The service I published is a hosted feature layer of a related table meant for hydrant inspections. When I try to create the new survey, all I get is the loading icon and it just keeps spinning with no end in site. Because of this, I tried to manually create the XLSForm as an alternative and connect it to the feature service in the submission URL column but I have gotten the error: "the custom feature service submission url is not compatible with this survey" Even though I've made sure my fields and form types are correct and match the related table.

Do you think there's something wrong with my published feature service? Or am I not attaching the right submission URL? Its format looks like this: "https://arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/e5f24d3b017e4d309b78b87d39ebf301"

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joelle,

Could you double check the online doc to see if you have all required permission with the feature service you are working with?

Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

You may also want to turn on the Diagnostic tab from Connect settings to capture a log to see the detailed error. It might help you to narrow down where the problem would be.

0 Kudos