Survey123 conditional question issue

09-26-2019 01:47 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I created a survey at survey123.arcgis.com and part of my survey is cut off when I open it in the app.  It cuts off at a conditional question.  The last question that appears has 5 conditional followup questions, depending on if the answer is no or yes.  I am assuming this is where the issue is. Can you have more than one condition in a question?  I attached an image of the question I think is problematic. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

By 'cut off', do you mean that questions below the question with the rules do not display?  Could you share the form, either by downloading the form in Survey123 Connect (the desktop tool) and providing the XLSX file or by inviting my user (jtedrick_Survey123) into a group that can access the form?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes,the questions following the first rules are cutoff and I cannot proceed with the survey. I attached my XLS form.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Matt,

I published your form with Survey123 Connect and also recreated it from scratch using the Web Designer - I'm not seeing the issue you are describing with the form being cut off; the questions you have defined based on the relevant statements are hidden when the form loads, but show when the appropriate question is answered; the other questions display.

Could you save a copy in the Survey123 website 'My Surveys' page and see if you have the same behavior?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am still having issues with this survey. I have a version on survey123 online and a version on survey123 connect and it is not allowing me to publish either. I shared my online version with you.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Matthew,

The form that has been shared to my account only has 5 equations - to the 'Who manages the hand pump?' question. That works correctly.  For reference I've attached one of the re-created forms

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! That worked. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos