Survey123 Browser and edit existing data

03-12-2018 05:54 AM
JulioGaspar1
New Contributor III

Hi Folks,

I´m trying call the Survey123 (Browser) with a popup in a webmap. The intention is to use the survey form as a better "smart editor", because with survey you can set rules, calculations, bring alerts, etc.

Inside "Web Appbuilder" I choose a "about Widget" and set the URL form instance. And it´s works very well to create new features.

Now I´m trying set the popup to get the form and access a exist feature (like a inbox) to edit.

I want to know if someone tried this ideia and if it´s possible access a exist feature from survey123 browser version.

Cheers

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julio,

We do not currently support calling a specific feature for editing via the submission url. We have an open enhancement request for this and hope to support it in the future. I have added you comments and use case to the issue in our backlog.

Phil.

JulioGaspar1
New Contributor III

Thanks Philip,

That would be awesome. I suggested in another post to create a widget that will read the survey to you use on webapps. Currently the survey is light years in terms of collect/edit (with inbox) of analysis than the smart publisher. Harnessing this technology directly on the webapps would be perfect.

Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Julio,

You can now edit existing features in Survey123 Web using the following URL parameter:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/1cb28b212b5542acbbdbaa35feba0867?mode=edit&objectId=1

...where the text in blue is the form ID/item ID, and the number in red is the Object ID of the feature you want to edit.

Hope this helps! You can also find more information about this via this blog by Ismael Chivite‌, where tips regarding how to "programatically" allow end users to edit these data from other web apps.

Regards.

Kanin

If this answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.