Survey123: All nested tables keep generating

Jump to solution
05-14-2019 05:56 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

How do we prevent nested tables from being generated automatically if they're not called from a calculation? I've converted all of our paper forms into tables and they're related to a point FC which is published to portal. Does anyone have an example of an excel sheet that shows how to call a table to be generated and others not? 

We're using portal/enterprise 106 with survey123 connect to prepare our smart forms. I can provide the excel sheet via email if it helps better resolve this odd problem. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordanMiller4

Solution: table appearance must be "minimal" and there can't be a repeat_counter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanMiller4

Solution: table appearance must be "minimal" and there can't be a repeat_counter.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jordan,

Yes that is correct, I had been meaning to reply to this post last few days. Using minimal appearance on a repeat means that the first repeat record is not created automatically and the user must select the add button to add a new record. When minimal is not used, the first record is created when the form loads and visible in the form even if it has no values, meaning when you send the survey, a record is created in that related table. 

The same applies with repeat count, on loading the form it will create the number of records set by the repeat count, either using a static value or calculation, and this happens whether they contain values or not.

Phil.