Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 username

03-06-2019 03:05 PM
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

I have published a Survey123 with a field of type 'username' by which I was hoping to capture the ArcGIS Online user name of the account being used to submit the survey, but i would like this field to be hidden. how can i do this? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jevita,

Where do you want the field to be hidden -in the results or in the Survey? Was the Survey made in Survey123 Connect or the Web Designer?

Best,

Claire

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

Hidden in the survey and I created the survey with connect

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jevita,

Have you tried using the "username" question type in Connect. When signed in to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, this field is automatically populated with the account user name. This question type is hidden and is not displayed on the form.

Phil.

AlvaroFaria
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

I will share my situation, maybe you have already seen a similar situation.

I have an Operational Dashboard with access restricted to an specific group. Inside this Dashboard I have a survey.

I am using the "username" question type, however it is not getting the user logged for the Dashboard. It only works when I sign-in the survey123 website and by cache the internal survey will be signed-in as well. However, I don't want my users to have to sign-in two times. Do you have any idea why it requires two logins?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Alvaro

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alvaro,

Can you please raise this issue with Esri Support as it involves multiple products (Survey123 website, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Dashboard) and will need further investigation to get to the root cause. A support analyst can work with you on this to understand the workflow and setup and hopefully this will lead to more quickly resolving the issue.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos