Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 URL parameters for questions within Repeat

a month ago
QiranLiang
Regular Contributor

Just wondering for the url parameters, can we fill in the questions within the repeat of the survey?

I have tried using something like &field:Repeatname[0].fieldname=value but it doesnt seem to work. 

I'm trying to field in a geopoint location questions, should I structure it like &field:Repeatname[0].center=x,y or &field:Repeatname[0].fieldname=x,y?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have never got it to work.  I make a placeholder field in the parent then reference that in the repeat question.  

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
Regular Contributor

I have a place holder field for all other questions but I have a geopoint question that I can't make it to work, because if I use a place holder question or any other calculation in that question, it won't autopopulate the location anymore. And 99% of the time I want the user to use the autopopulate location...

I got to it work for like one time and then it just stopped working like 30 seconds later. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Seconded.

URL parameters do not work for repeats. You can dump data into a hidden "bucket" and then pull on that from within the repeat.

Have a look here: Calculations on Geopoints.

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
Regular Contributor

The problem is if you use includes any calculation in the  geopoint question, it won't get your current location by default anymore. In our use case 90% of the time, we want it to get the current location by default. 

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
Regular Contributor

I think I figured it out, this url parameters ONLY works in web platform, it won't work for phone. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

URLs work great with the app as well.  I use them a lot.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm using URL parameters in the Field App. Both Windows desktop and mobile device (typically iOS, but also android).

0 Kudos