Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 problem

02-22-2017 06:58 AM
MaikGrabow
New Contributor

I've got a little problem with survey123 web. I completed succesfull the form, but after putting data in it I can't open it (In Individual Response it's loading, but nothing happens). After completing the survey I clicked on Analyze but a red sign

shows me "Cannot get necessary XForms file for the survey." Does I need any Excel File to use Survey web, I thought It's a "standalone"? Can anybody help me?

Greetings!

Survey123‌

Tags (1)
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue as Joe Head‌. I get the "Cannot get necessary Xforms file for the survey" error but some other users do not. Does anyone know why this it?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jacqui, Joe Head‌,

Could either of you share a form with this issue?  Feel free to e-mail me directly at jtedrick AT Esri.com

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James,

Email sent.

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Occasional Contributor II

Old post, but happened to me. Turns out I (somehow) accidentally caused my stakeholder view to be two point layers instead of a point layer and a table layer. Ironically, I'm pretty sure I did this while attempting to delete/hide the points layer so that the data view in Survey123 only had the relevant table (I'm working with not savvy end users) and there weren't two "tabs". 

The issue was fixed by deleting the stakeholder view, unchecking all boxes in Survey123 (for sharing the survey results and the survey itself), then resharing everything. This recreated the Stakeholder view and everything is back to normal.

Also, for what it's worth, the Data tab always loaded for me in Survey123. I assume this is because I am the owner of the survey and am actually viewing the original data table (i.e., not the stakeholder view). Basically, I am viewing a different version of the layer than all other users.

0 Kudos