Select to view content in your preferred language

Summary report aggregate function result not honoring selected records on export

09-13-2023 08:53 AM
erica_poisson
Frequent Contributor

Hi - 

I am developing a summary report and running into an issue. After re-reading the tricks of the trade blog about summary reports, I am confused about the behavior I am experiencing. It seems as if filtering and aggregate functions within a summary report should honor the selected records from the Survey123 website when generating a report, unless the !important parameter is used. 

So far, most of my summary report is working properly and returning what I'd expect. I have a table w/ aggregate functions that is returning responses based on the entire hosted feature layer instead of on the selection made in the Survey123 website. 

I am wondering if this is expected behavior, or if I have done something wrong with my syntax.

Here is the summary section causing issues (full template attached):

erica_poisson_0-1694620159741.png

** Update: The problem appears to be an issue in multiple sections of the template - namely "Inspection Conditions" and the last section "Details...". In both instances, the counts returned are for all records for each CGP File Number, instead of only the remaining records after Filtering and selections are made on the Survey123 website. 

In the Survey123 website, I have 9 parent records selected; I've checked and all repeat records have been properly filtered based on the selection. When I generate a preview report, instead of getting the above information for each of the 9 selected records, I get it for every CGP File Number in the hosted feature layer if the 'where' clause has been met. 

erica_poisson_1-1694620269672.png

Can anyone provide advice on why this is? Is this expected behavior? 

Here are the Filters applied on the Survey123 website:

erica_poisson_0-1694631516721.png

This narrows me down to 195 Site Visit Inspections that meet this criteria (and are associated with the 9 parent files), however the total number of Site Visit Inspections for these 9 parent files is being included in the report (673). 

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
0 Replies