Stop Repeat Geopoint Unless Relevant

04-17-2019 07:55 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have created a repeat geopoint in my form to use only when needed for a specific field condition. The repeat geopoint is set up to only appear when relevant based off a select one answer. However, the repeat geopoint has been collecting in the background even though we are not using it (does not appear in form because of the relevant field set). Is there a way to stop the repeat geopoint from collecting unless relevant?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeena,

What version of the app are you using and on what OS? Did you see this in previous versions or is it a new issue?

Can you please share a copy of your survey xlsx file so we can take a closer look?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Phil,

Thank you so much for your reply. We have had the same issue using a Windows 10 Tablet and an I-Phone 6 running OS 12.1.2. The app version we are using is 3.3.64. This is a new issue, we haven't had this issue in the past with repeat geopoints. It looks like the pull data function for latitude and longitude doesn't populate for the repeat geopoint but a point still appears where the main coordinate is collected for our equipment which is a problem because it clutters the map and we need to know which are actually repeats we need.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeena,

Thanks for sharing your xlsx form. I believe the issue you are encountering with relevant repeats has two parts, one is a known issue and something we are aiming to fix in our next 3.4 release. the other is due to how you are using the selected expression on the repeat. I would suggest using a fieldname = value here, as you are only looking for one selected value, this should workaround the geopoint loading in the repeat when the form loads. Also you could try set the repeat to minimal, so that the first record in not created in the repeat until the user selects the + sign.

We currently have a beta version available via the Early Adopter Community, if you are not already a part of that site, I suggest you sign up and get access to early beta builds and test out your survey with 3.4 beta. Here is the link:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/version/default.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7&artt...

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Phil! I changed the repeat geopoint to allow for more than one repeat and used the minimal appearance and it worked!