Select to view content in your preferred language

Still not working: Populating Survey123 Form via Field Maps using Custom URL

Jump to solution
04-04-2024 08:37 AM
dquinn_jia_conservation
New Contributor

I'm  trying to get a simple text string from a polygon in Field Maps [Pond_ID] to populate a similar field [Pond_Name] in Survey123. I see this question has come up before and found the custom URL that I believe SHOULD work. While my custom URL in my pop-up in Field maps will bring me successfully to the survey, it is not populating [Pond_Name] in the survey. It's just blank. Here is my URL below and some screen shots. Is there something I'm missing?

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=_______________&field:Pond_Name={Pond_ID}

Field Maps Pop-Up with [Pond_ID]

dquinn_jia_conservation_0-1712244541329.png

S123 Field with [Pond_Name]

dquinn_jia_conservation_1-1712245030308.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your label is Pond_Name, but what is the field's name (you need to reference the name, not the label for that URL)?

Honestly, I don't use the web interface for more reasons than you can shake a stick at. As such, I don't know where to check field names in it off-hand. I'd also recommend that you use Connect unless there is a strong case for using the web interface for design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your label is Pond_Name, but what is the field's name (you need to reference the name, not the label for that URL)?

Honestly, I don't use the web interface for more reasons than you can shake a stick at. As such, I don't know where to check field names in it off-hand. I'd also recommend that you use Connect unless there is a strong case for using the web interface for design.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

EDIT: I quickly braved the clunky web interface and found this...

For a published survey in the web interface, look in the bottom right and click "Published" > then "Modify schema"... this lets you see the field names...

abureaux_0-1712247680600.png

Again, I recommend using Connect.

0 Kudos
dquinn_jia_conservation
New Contributor

Thank you, that worked. I assumed since I never specified a field name, the label name would work. The label was originally "Pond_ID" but it didn't work when I tried that either---because it had changed it to all lower case "pond_id".  Noted about connect.