Seeing existing collected features in geopoint map

Jump to solution
02-05-2018 12:33 PM
PaydenMcRoberts1
New Contributor II

I've created a survey using Survey123 for our city arborist to create a tree inventory. It uses a lot of features that are unique to Survey123 that make it far superior to a Collector app. However, there is one issue that I haven't found a solution to. When using the geopoint question in the survey, is there any way to see the points in the feature class that have already been collected on the map? We've been running into a problem where our arborist isn't sure which trees already have a completed survey and so finds himself resurveying trees that he's already done.

One workaround that I've looked into is having him collect the geometry using Collector and linking to Survey123 using custom URL parameters but this doesn't work because it creates a new feature rather than editing the attributes of the existing feature.

Does anyone have ideas how I can integrate a map showing the existing collected points into a Survey123 survey?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaydenMcRoberts1
New Contributor II

For now, I think I'll just have our arborist use the Inbox map to see what has already been collected, but if anybody has any other ideas, feel free to comment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Survery123 when using the Geopoint question stores location information in the table.  What it can create depends on the device.

Most common is X and Y. If you tap on the screen to collect the location it will generally only collect the x,y

You should be able to pull that data back out of the cloud and create the X,Y locations for the trees.

The part that is thrilling though. If your arborist is using a phone or table to collect the geopoint location you can expect your tree locations to be anywhere from a few feet off to hundreds of feet. 

0 Kudos
PaydenMcRoberts1
New Contributor II

What I'm trying to do is have the geopoint collection map show the features that have already been collected, so that when he is placing the point, the existing survey points will show up. Currently they don't.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Payden,

One way of possibly doing this would be to enable the Inbox setting, which will access and display the existing features (also allowing for interactive selection to update).

0 Kudos
PaydenMcRoberts1
New Contributor II

For now, I think I'll just have our arborist use the Inbox map to see what has already been collected, but if anybody has any other ideas, feel free to comment.

0 Kudos