Select to view content in your preferred language

Report Template Duplicating Entries

12-26-2023 12:40 PM
BrandonA_CDPH
Frequent Contributor

Hello, 

I have been working at this for a while and cannot seem to figure out what's going on. I worked with ESRI Tech Support on pat of this, but am still having issues.  hoping someone in the Community can help me before reopening the ticket.

I have a Survey123 Report Template. In the template, I have a summary section at the top (that's what Tech Support helped with) and a section below for individual entries. What I want to do is filter on the Survey123 website for a particular criterion (Sampling ID). In the body of the report, I only want details for a subset of the filtered entries (the individual items that were positive). I'm working with non-GIS users, so trying to make the process as streamlined as possible.

Problem: When I run the report using the attached template, it does everything correctly (only the selected results are tabulated at the top and only the subset are in the "body".) Problem is that the "body" entries are repeated several times (a report for two entries is 120 pages long).

Solutions tried (all with the same result of a 120-page report):

- The number of pages doesn't seem to be related to any other numbers (total entries, filtered entries, etc.)

- made all "smart quotes" into straight quotes

- removed a nested filter in the analysis table

- searched Google and the Community for answers

- pulled out hair

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Does the duplication still happen if 1) the summary is removed? 2) you remove either Results1=‘pos or Results2=‘pos’?

I am thinking that the duplication is a result of the where clause. But it’s hard to say without knowing what your data or survey looks like. 

BrandonA_CDPH
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the troubleshooting ideas. The report behaves the same with and without the summary section. I used only one part of the where clause (Results1 = 'pos') - same behavior. Guess I'll still poke at it. 🙂

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hmm. Behaving that way with a single where clause is unexpected. Would you be able to upload the XLSX and DOCX? I could have a look in the new year and may be able to spot what’s going on that way. 

0 Kudos
BrandonA_CDPH
Frequent Contributor

I will work on getting the xlsx document anonymized. There are a few pull data and choice lists that will need to be de anonymous before sharing.

Been troubleshooting all day and have landed on the where clause being the issue but can't figure out why.

If I can get that xlsx doc anonymized, I'll upload it this week.  Thank you @abureaux for your help and ideas.

0 Kudos