Repeatable fields Survey123

02-04-2019 01:10 PM
JesseHamlin1
New Contributor II

These would be extremely useful and make the product much better.  Many of the other platforms out there already have this feature and in my mind its critical for mobile data collection.  Loving the builder and love seeing continual improvements.  Thanks Ismael!

Jesse

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jesse Hamlin‌.  If I understand your comment correctly, you would like to include in your form a subset of questions that end-users could answer one or more times. An example would be a form where people can enter first the location and typology of a house, and then enter personal data for every person that lives in the house. The data about people in the house would be that repeatable section.

If this is what you are  looking for, it is currently supported in both the Survey123  web and field apps.  We call this 'repeats' and you can author them with Survey123 Connect. You can find more information about repeats at Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

At this moment, we do not support authoring of repeats in Survey123 web designer. It feels that you may have  looked into Survey123 web designer and concluded  that  we have  no support for repeated fields. If that is the case, I would recommend that you have a look at Survey123 Connect, our authoring tool for the desktop and give it a try.  We have a collection of short video tutorials with the basics such as Survey123 for ArcGIS XLSForm Tutorial 1 of 5 Creating and Publishing Surveys - YouTube 

We definitively want to keep enhancing Survey123 web designer and we will eventually add repeat sections in it at  some point. For now, Survey123 Connect is the only choice.   Hope this helps.